Current Studies / Orchestra Parkinson’s Disease Study
The Orchestra Study: Parkinson’s Disease Research
Glasgow Memory Clinic is looking for volunteers who may be suitable to take part in the clinical research study of an investigational medication for people with early stage (<2yrs) Parkinson’s disease.
The Orchestra Study: A study in Parkinson’s disease is enrolling now.
One of only six study sites in the U.K. We’re conducting a study to see whether an investigational medication could delay the progression of Parkinson’s disease.
You may be eligible to participate in the Orchestra Study if you:
- Are aged 40–75 years
- Have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in the past 2 years
- Experience slowness of movement and muscle stiffness/rigidity and/or tremor/shaking
- Have only mild symptoms
- Have not taken any medications to treat your Parkinson’s disease motor symptoms (symptoms related to your movement) and are not expected to need any such medications in the next 6 months.
Would you like to be screened for the Orchestra study?
The study is investigating the effect of the study drug on the progression of Parkinson’s disease and associated symptoms over a longer period of time. Therefore, the Orchestra Study can only recruit individuals with mild Parkinson’s disease symptoms.
If you meet the above criteria, please call to speak to a member of Glasgow Memory Clinic’s Patient Liaison Team on 0141 948 0206 or click here to take the Orchestra Study (UCB0599) pre-screener.
If you pre-qualify, you will be referred to our clinic and a member of our patient liaison team will be in touch to discuss the study in detail and confirm whether you can take part.
Why participate in a clinical research study?
By applying to take part in the Orchestra Study you could gain access to cutting edge treatments that aren’t available outside a trial setting and have the opportunity to help clinical research into early-stage Parkinson’s disease.
It’s free to take part and patients who qualify for our clinical studies will receive:
- Top class study-related care from doctors at Glasgow Memory Clinic
- Reimbursement for all travel expenses
- Tea, coffee and lunch facilities during their visits to the clinic
If you meet the above criteria, please click here to take the pre-screener.