Dedicated to improving the treatment of Memory Impairment, Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- Dr Fraser Inglis FRCP (Glag/Edin) the clinic founder and Director, has been working in research since 1993 and has lectured locally, nationally and internationally.
- We are engaged in National and International randomised controlled studies that aim to find better treatments for Memory Impairment, Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- The research team have been involved in research work on all of the currently licensed treatments for Alzheimer’s disease: Aricept (donepezil), Exelon (rivastigmine), Reminyl (galantamine) and Ebixa (memantine)
- Patients from all over Scotland attend the clinic to participate in a range of research studies.
- We are the only centre in Scotland with expertise in Alzheimer’s vaccine research.
- The clinic also has a special interest in electronic data capture (EDC). We also have an interest in the creation and development of novel memory testing systems.
- We have a dedicated facility within the West of Scotland Science Park and the staff are all experienced healthcare professionals who have now dedicated their time to research.
- Participation in studies is voluntary. All medical care, attention and treatment is provided completely free of charge.
- We have a range of studies running at the clinic suitable for those with varying degrees of Memory Impairment, Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
Studies we have participated in
Glasgow Memory Clinic has contributed to numerous national and international research studies. We wish to thank all of the people who have participated in studies at the clinic and whose contribution past and present allow a much deeper understanding of Memory Impairment, Alzheimer’s disease and improving treatment for these conditions.