We, Glasgow Memory Clinic Ltd (“we“, “us”, “our”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”), the data controller is Glasgow Memory Clinic Ltd. We are a limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC243637 and have our registered office at Glasgow Memory Clinic, The Altum Building, Todd Campus, West of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow, G20 0XA.
Information we may collect from you and how we use it
We may collect information from you at different points on our website:
- Contact Us
If you submit information through the Contact Us section of our website you may submit your name, address, email address, telephone number and comments and questions. We may use this information to respond to you and deal with any comment you make or question you ask.
- Technical Information
When you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); pages viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
This is statistical data about our website users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We use this information to improve our website and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for website users and their computers.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will only be contacted for marketing purposes if you have provided separate explicit consent.
- If you have agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the cookie is added and helps to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of our assets, your personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Where we store your personal information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to or from any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
The Regulations gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulations. If you would like to receive details of the personal information that we hold about you under the GDPR, please email email@example.com.